Location – Hartford, CT | Boston, MA | Closter, NJ | Fairfax, VA
Job Code – OPEN-TECH-01
*In addition, please email the completed application form to email@example.com.
Responsible for proficient performance of all phases of PBX and peripheral pre-cut/post-cut installations. Prior experience performing Moves/Adds/Changes on Avaya Communications Managers systems with little or no technical assistance. Strong technical knowledge of IP Office and Communication Manager. Must have practical understanding of basic data base, basic wiring, networking, telephones and trunking associated with the traditional and converged telephone systems. Must be able to perform local and remote software changes and repair procedures using appropriate technical documentation. Position will be servicing customers in the branch service area or possibly site dedicated at a customer site.
- Perform station routing, troubleshooting, testing, repair and preventative maintenance of system/station equipment.
- Perform Moves/Adds/Changes and installation of products.
- Keep management informed of unusual maintenance problems and user response to repairs and general services.
- Prepare and maintain related records of work performed. Assist in training of less experienced technicians.
- Perform other related duties as directed by management.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Certificate/Technical training degree in telecommunications or electronics. CTP Certification is preferred.
- 4-5 years of telephone/PBX and computer hardware/software installation, MAC, convergence, service experience.
- Avaya Communications Manager experience and certification preferred.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required and the ability to read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Performs installations of Network equipment to enable IP telephony solutions.
- Possess a valid driver license
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motion type work.
- Must be able to climb, lift heavy equipment, squat, bend and sit for a prolonged period of time.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altura offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD and 401K.
No Relocation Available. Preference will be given to local candidates.