Location – Boston, MA
Job Code – BOSTON-NSE-012
*In addition, please email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Altura Communications Solutions is a market leader in sales and service of telecommunications products. Altura has ranked #1 in providing service in the telecommunications market for nine consecutive years. Altura sells the world-leading Avaya telephone products. Altura is poised for growth due to the combination of our best-in-industry service and Avaya.s best-in-industry products. Headquartered in Fullerton, California, Altura has nationwide sales and service capabilities with 26 sales and service offices and 250+ employees. Outstanding customer satisfaction is our top priority.
Responsible for implementing advanced Avaya integrated/complex technical IP networks, installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex telecommunication systems, IP based telephony solutions, computer systems and/or complex software. Provides onsite and remote installation support for Avaya solutions. Assist Professional Services Engineers as required. Position may require frequent or short notice travel throughout the U.S.
- Provide the highest level of skills in designing and implementing advanced voice and SIP enabled communication networks, specifically related to Avaya products.
- Provide identification and resolution of complex product/service problems both by phone, remote connectivity, and on-site.
- Requires a high level of knowledge on Avaya Communication Manager, System/Session Manager, AES, SBC and other products and services.
- Conducts extremely complex system emulation/simulation activities to identify problems
- Coordinate with Engineering on potential product defects and system modifications/changes.
- Maintain detailed documentation of problem resolution activities.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Equivalent of an Associate degree or 5+ years-related experience
- 5 year’s minimum experience in providing high level technical implementation and support of IP PBX, TCP/IP, SIP, PC LAN networks, and other application processor equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of various communication protocols, including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).
- Must have a good understanding of IP addressing and be able to effectively communicate it to others.
- Must have a good understanding of Quality of Service, and be able to effectively communicate it to others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and fellow employees and have the ability to
- Maintain professional composure during adverse situations.
- Ability and desire to focus efforts toward timely handling and resolution of customer problems is a must.
- A complete understanding of personal computers and data applications is required and the ability to
- Read schematics and operate various kinds of data and electronic test equipment is highly desirable.
- Must have a good understanding of Visio and be able to prepare network diagrams, call flow diagrams, and documentation.
- Needs to have a good understanding of network analysis tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of, and experience with video products such as Polycom or Avaya RadVision is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Avaya one-X components and Avaya Application Enablement Server (AES) is a plus.
- Knowledge of, and experience with Avaya IP Office is a plus.
- Data LAN/WAN switching/routing experience is a plus.
- The ability to travel on short notice and work independently is also required.
- Industry standard certifications are a PLUS.
EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Altura offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD and 401K.
No Relocation Available. Preference will be given to local candidates.