Innovative hospitals and healthcare facilities are transforming business processes using communications technologies that have never been available, until now. Avaya offers turn-key HIPAA compliant solutions that can be deployed over the top of any system. These solutions are quick to deploy, easy to scale, improve patient care and increase operating efficiency.
This solution offers the ability to leverage SMS-based chat to mobile devices, all in the flexible form of a cloud-based application. In today’s world health care professionals should not be constrained by old and slow voice only technology. With Avaya CPaaS, connecting with doctors, nurses and patients using text can be fast, easy and multi-directional.
Improved messaging is available 24/7. Voice and digital channels are driven by artificial intelligence using Google’s technology. Here are just a few use cases that we can support:
- Patients can text instead of calling the hospital, satisfying the need to know now.
- Scheduling, changing and confirming appointments can be done over your smart phone.
- Receiving post care treatment check ins: “are you feeling OK”, “taking your meds”, “have any questions for us?”
As patients accomplish these tasks quickly and conveniently, they feel more satisfied with their healthcare provider. Other benefits gained by deploying these innovative, yet secure HIPAA compliant technologies include:
- AI enabled virtual assistants help manage many requests and allow agents to be involved in higher touch calls.
- Automation of billing notifications can improve cash flow by notifying patients faster.
- Patients can check whether they qualify for financial assistance.
- Support for pre-surgery planning, post-surgical follow-ups, along with quick chats with their medical team.
The Avaya Cloud Notification Solution is administered through an organization which is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This requires that all employees of that organization are trained on HIPAA rules and procedures and re-trained every two years. All staff are also required to sign confidentiality agreements as condition of employment. In addition, all data is securely backed up and stringent practices followed for data encryption, secure storage, password management, and physical security.
For more information about Avaya CPaaS featuring the prebuilt ACNS Chat application, please click here.