By Larry Carlson, Marketing Director, Altura Communication Solutions
The last month has provided us all with a wake-up call. Recent events are impacting businesses across the country in many ways. The way we choose to deal with these obstacles may lessen any potential ramifications as we seek out ways to maintain a business as usual standard.
One of the questions to ask is what can we do to keep our workforce engaged and productive? Making technology drive your business contingency planning is a no-brainer.
Ask yourself, how agile is our business now? This will help you evaluate where your business is in terms of contingency planning.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do we have the ability to accommodate remote workers with devices that support mobility?
- Does our technology allow us to make changes quickly to adapt our workforce?
- Is our contact center adaptable to allow for the use of multi-channel options such as video and chat?
- Do we need to expand capacity for our contact center and update our IVR capabilities?
- Can we substitute in-person business meetings with video conferencing and web-based meetings?
- Do we have the ability to host meetings using low cost cloud-based technologies?
For healthcare workers and similar industries there are additional challenges. One example to consider: Are mobility devices currently being used able to be easily disinfected and sanitized? In some cases the answer is no and this is highly problematic. Mobility devices are available that can be easily disinfected and sanitized since they have protective coating that prevents corrosion and damage. Traditional (not healthcare-specific) smartphones do not have this protection.
In all the above cases, technology is available to help you immediately. Relying on a business partner that will help address your concerns, and is not trying to oversell your company, is important. By implementing agile and affordable cloud-based solutions you will find answers to your long-term mobility challenges. Altura stands ready to assist you by offering solutions that are easy to deploy and manage.
Let us help you improve productivity with cost-effective options while supporting your business contingency planning needs. Altura stands ready to assist our customers now more than ever. To learn how we can help you now, please call (800) 654-0715.